Fourth Of July Safety TipsPosted July 02 2014
Bark Magazine recently put out an article regarding 4th of July safety and we love it! Taking a few precautions is definitely worth our precious pups' lives!
A quick recap of common July 4th safety hazards:
Foods to avoid giving your dog:
- Meat bones
- Skewers (though not a food, dogs tend to be attracted to chewing on them)
- Corn cobs
- Fruits (grapes, raisins, apple cores, peach pits)
- Macadamia nuts
Other precautions to take:
- To prevent your canine from ingesting any of the foods above, collect trash frequently and secure it in closed containers.
- Make sure to close gates and doors after guests enter to avoid an escaping pup.
- If having a pool party, keep your dog out of the water as a crowd of swimmers can create panic and distress.
- Keep your pooch away from the hot grill and raw meats.
- Don't let your dog get a hold of glow sticks since the contents are toxic.
- Keep your pup away from the fireworks!
Happy 4th of July beach doggies, be safe!