6 Fun Things To Do With Fido This SummerPosted July 25 2014
Summer is the perfect time to get some fresh air and bond with your dog. Here's a few activities you and your pup might enjoy!
1. Visit a dog beach!
Going to a dog beach is obviously our top pick for summer fun! Once you find a dog beach near you,make sure you have all the supplies you need for a day in the water.
- Find a dog beach: http://beachdoggies.com/pages/find-a-dog-beach
- Top 12 Things Needed for a Day at Dog Beach: http://beachdoggies.com/blogs/the-beach-doggies-blog/12880937-top-12-things-needed-for-a-day-at-dog-beach
2. Take surfing lessons!
Surfing is great excerise for your pup + they look so cute!
- Surf Dog Lessons: http://www.animalcenter.org/donate/donate_surf_clinics.aspx
- Teach your dog to surf: http://www.surfdogricochet.com/teach-your-dog-to-surf.html
3. Visit a dog park!
Dog parks are the perfect way for you and your pup to make new friends. Be sure your dog is flea-free, vaccinated, and in a good mood before visiting with other doggies.
- Find a dog park: http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/guides/dogpark/dogpark.shtml
- Toys to bring: http://beachdoggies.com/collections/toys
4. Host a pool party!
When having a pool party, make sure to keep a close eye on your doggy! If your dog isn't born with the natural ability to swim, buy a doggy life jacket!
- Pool safety tips: http://www.petmd.com/dog/slideshows/care/pool-safety-tips-for-dogs
- Doggy life jackets: http://beachdoggies.com/collections/safety
5. Go on a hike!
Hikes make for great exercise and bonding time. Make sure to bring lots of water and possibly food (depending on the length of the hike.)
- Hiking safety tips: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/dog-care/hiking-safety-tips
- Guardian Gear Handi Drink Travel Bottle: http://beachdoggies.com/collections/safety/products/guardian-gear-handi-drink-travel-bottle
- Guardian Gear Collapsible Travel Bowl: http://beachdoggies.com/collections/safety/products/guardian-gear-collapsible-travel-bowl
6. Spend a day in the sprinklers!
Sprinklers are perhaps the easiest way to entertain and cool down your dog + this activity makes for great pictures!
We hope you beach doggies have fun this summer and remember to be safe!